[eDebate] The Hate that Hate that Hate Produced

Josh jbhdb8
Sun Apr 13 10:30:47 CDT 2008

Forget it Ede,

You dont need to apologize to have a voice.  You dont need to apologize to
be relevant or say the important things you say.  You dont need to apologize
for any reason at all except to have a conversation with me.  It appears
obvious you dont care about me so who gives two damns if I dont talk to you.

I have made concession after concession after concession only to have you
continue to make the absurd argument that somehow, despite me LITERALLY
saying the opposite in every email, that I am trying to obscure or
marginalize your message.

If you really feel somehow that being totally unprofessional and rude is a
crucial part of your message so be it......As David Marks mentions, its
sometimes kind of hard to know what you really think.  Since you didnt like
my first source....Let me try a second:

http://groups.wfu.edu/NDT/Articles/warner.html

A Vision for the Future: Collegiate Debate in the Twenty-First Century
by Dr. Ede Warner, University of Louisville

The challenges for collegiate debate as we head into the year 2000 are
numerous and significant. *Financial, political, and diversity issues are
all areas of both concern and opportunity*. Specifically, the NDT has
progressed in numerous and socially meaningful ways during the first fifty
years. However, we can not rest on our laurels, as many hurdles must be
overcome to ensure progress continues. *The cost of participation in
collegiate debate has always been an issue which directly affects the other
areas mentioned above*. *Challenges exist both in terms of the generation of
revenue, but perhaps more important, is the need to control the expense side
of the equation*. *Debate uniquely creates a public relations irony for
supporters because it generates little revenue while have a substantial
cost-per-participant, especially at nationally-competitive levels. Creative
critically necessary, if collegiate debate is to survive the "downsizing" of
America, especially at public institutions*. Untouchable traditions,
ingrained cultural practices, and overcoming the presumption against change,
must all be examined *to fight the administrative battles of the
twenty-first century, and combined with innovative new sources of funding
and rethinking how we present the benefits of what we do, needs to uniformly
occur throughout our activity*.

Sounds kind of familliar Doctor Warner......Hmmmmm,

Josh