[eDebate] Job Opportunity -- Stratford Academy

Mike Kelley mkelley
Wed Apr 16 16:42:10 CDT 2008

Stratford Academy

Upper School History and Debate Coach

Candidates for this position should have a major in history, preferably

a master's degree and experience with policy debate.  Candidates should

be prepared to teach world history and either geography or economics.

The position is full-time, with a teaching load of three or four and

responsibilities as a debate coach.  The debate coach attends all

practices and travels ten to fourteen weekends during the year.  All

faculty members are expected to serve as an academic advisor.

Experienced candidates will receive priority consideration, but all

excellent candidates will be considered regardless of advanced degree or experience.

Note: Stratford is in Macon, Georgia, about 70 miles south of Atlanta.
Macon has a metropolitan area of about 250, 000 and is the home of
Mercer University and Wesleyan College. Stratford is a non-sectarian
independent school of 900 students in grades pre K ? 12. The school is
especially eager to hire a good coach and is open to negotiate
responsibilities, salary, etc. I have been either the coach or involved
in the program for most of the past 28 years. Although, I do not wish to
travel much, I will still be at Stratford in an administrative capacity
and can help with administering the program. This is an excellent
opportunity to build up a program that has a solid foundation.

For more information, contact me.

Mike Kelley

Debate Coach and Chair of the History Department

Stratford Academy

6010 Peake Road

Macon, GA 31220

mkelley at stratford.org <mailto:mkelley at stratford.org>