[eDebate] Reparations = Bad Neg ground?

Andy Ellis andy.edebate
Thu Apr 17 01:37:26 CDT 2008

I really do think this is a bad representation of a complex debate, and
perhaps the reason elliot is right about greene.

I will answer this argument more in the paper, but the simple version is
this. Trying to solve hundreds of years of history with a single policy is
fraught with danger, there are significant intra-literature disagreements on
how to do this, and the impact to getting it wrong, probably turns the case,
and shuts down the global movement pretty effectively. While i wouldn't say
the topic actually has a negative bias, i would say the affirmative bias is
VASTLY overstated..