[eDebate] ethical rules of engagement - Clash

Ede Warner ewarner
Thu Apr 17 21:34:04 CDT 2008

One other thought...The beginning of the year would encourage ALL teams to debate the K in the ways I just mentioned.  So the narrow issue isn't an issue.  It just changes how we conceptualize generic.  Just as you prepared to debate in front of me Brent, by debating an example or analogy, there is no reason in this world teams could have a serious of "generics" that didn't rely on traditional evidence, in addition to topic specific k's.  Moreover, who says that topic construction won't preserve more topic argument ground, and with the growth in strategic ability for defensive arguments, the net ease with preparation in the beginning of the season might be somewhat easier than with current narrow topics.

From: "Brent Culpepper" <brentonculpepper at gmail.com>
To:"Ede Warner" <e0warn01 at gwise.louisville.edu>
Date: 4/17/2008 05:03 PM
Subject: Re: [eDebate] ethical rules of engagement - Clash
This would devastate K ground.........

I actually think this is an interesting idea.  However, it makes the beginning of the year tough.  Few teams have the ability to debate each affirmative on its merits at the beginning of the year.  The topic resolution would have to be very narrow which seems a little antithetical to a lot of peoples desires of late.