[eDebate] Russia v. Arms Control

Brent Culpepper brentonculpepper
Sun Apr 20 21:47:00 CDT 2008

Politics DAs are inevitable.  We had judicial politics DAs on the Courts
topic; I assure you there will be some politics DA on the Russia topic.
Even if they aren't as good on the Russia topic, is that really bad?  Let's
face it - politics DAs are rather boring and are all reasonably untrue (see
game theory Dylan is studying - too many variables).  Politics wasn't
popular on the China topic b/c there was a big Relations DA.  It made the
topic more interesting if you ask me.  Treaties topic didn't have politics
DAs.  Politics DAs were sparse (although more present than treaties) on the
Europe topic.  Energy was primarily elections which was more interesting
than just plain old politics.  Come to think of it, the topics where the
politics DA is the most popular turn out to be the lesser topics.  Russia
topic has a lot of good DA possibilities as might Arms Control.  But dear
god lets not base our topic decision on the relative strength of a politics
da.  Next thing you know we will be looking to which topics have the best
"NATO Says Yes Cards"(sorry shawn - i know that hurt a little.)

Brent