[eDebate] [Nick] Ag 2008-2009

Andy Ellis andy.edebate
Thu Apr 24 02:37:18 CDT 2008

> With all due respect, our third point of support of Russia in comparison
> to other topics will never involve cows.

Nor will it really involve black people, indigenous people, Puerto Ricans,
discussions of the annexation of mexico, or really social justice, of course
it can perhaps provide access points for such things, but reparations is a
good debate, i think people think that it is just clearly the case that
chris stones and others disagreement is right...the negative ground is
bad...i dont think it is, i think there are good arguments yes and no and
there are good generics...there is probably even ground for a russia debate
(after all the civil rights movement of the 1960's became a tool against
russia, as it allowed american democracy promotion to claim a multicultural
universalim in order to wield democratic legitimacy over russia on the world
stage) AND a cows debate (farming and world food prices would be
significantly effected if a)the land was given back(even in a small scale)
b) northern mexico was repatriated to mexico c) black folks received
reparations in the form of land transfers)  AND a latin america debate with
an interesting access point.