[eDebate] Reply to Tom Meagher

Tom Meagher meagher.tom
Sun Apr 27 23:10:35 CDT 2008

JP,

Like I said in my first response to Calum, I am not arguing against a Russia
topic. I argued that a reparations topic would be good. I'm pretty sure I
have not made a claim for avoiding Russia debates.

And I don't think it follows from my arguments that debaters *would*
research coloniality per se on a topic about US military cooperation with
Russia. That is my motivation for arguing for a reparations topic.

I'm glad if my posts elucidate the reasons that coloniality is salient on a
Russia topic. It's not my goal to see a reparations topic, it is my goal to
improve the quality of debate research.

Tom