[eDebate] "Sickening" Huh?

Adam Jackson baltimoredebate
Sat Aug 2 16:59:05 CDT 2008

"I think I will just focus on your message ?sign off?, which ended
with the word ENJOY. The fact that you feel an altercation which could
have been career threatening to several of the parties involved is
just public spectacle to be ?enjoyed? sickens me."

"SICKENS" you huh? You know what SICKENS me Eric? A community that
revels in the fact that its true form will never actually be brought
to the forefront. When you come from when I come from...when you lose
at Districts because of "Mexican terrorists" attacking the US...when
you lose to the top seed JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE THE TOP SEED...when you
see Bill Shanahan's balls....when you have hold your partner,
teammates coaches and colleagues in tears....THATS when you can I'll
care about what "SICKENS" you.

"Once you start down the path of making rounds into public
inquisitions about whether prior actions (or prior identities) of the
debaters are acceptable, it?s hard to say where it ends. It?s pretty
easy to imagine a far worse ending, given how hurtful the entire
encounter was for many of the people directly involved."

Who are you talking to? SHOWING YOUR ASS AND TESTICLES TO A DEBATE
COACH IS UNACCEPTABLE....PERIOD. Why is it so hard to say where it
ends? Seems pretty easy to me....HERE! I've talked to just about
everyone "involved" (hell, I WAS INVOLVED), and they all thought that
what Shanahan did was totally unacceptable....PERIOD. Don't debate it
Eric...he's WRONG.