[eDebate] Who are you talking to?

Adam Jackson baltimoredebate
Sun Aug 3 20:24:30 CDT 2008

1. I'm not your fucking "dear" or "sweetheart".

2. No one's making backhanded statements at anyone. I never said I had
any problems with Chris or Avery, there were arguments in that debate
that they decided to ignore and it illustrated the problems that we
have in this debate community (did you even listen to Hester's RFD?)

3. You're not my parent, guardian, friend or acquaintance, so don't
sit at your computer screen, commanding me to do anything. I am the
only person who actually had the footage, and it was important that
everyone else actually saw what went down so we can discuss it, rather
than let rumors circle and allowing people to make shit up about what
actually happened.

4. I am not "attacking" anyone, Bill, Chris and Avery decided to make
those arguments and they defended their decision. The underlying
problem is that we don't like it when we see that raw uncensored
clusterfuckery that is our debate community, and that we would rather
cloak it and ignore rather than discuss it.

5. Be an adult? What about Shanahan? Everyone discussing this footage
seems to be ignoring his actions. He MOONED EVERYBODY. He should be
the first on the list for the "Be an Adult about It" discussion. Don't
try to talk down to me like I'm a first year novice debater who
doesn't know what the fuck I'm talking about. You want to talk about
face-to-face interactions, why don't you come to me and speak on it
instead of ignoring the obvious.