[eDebate] NCA 2008 - Registration Reminder - TODAY is the DEADLINE

Morris, Eric R EricMorris
Wed Aug 6 17:27:43 CDT 2008

Just a reminder to all that your NCA registration is due today. They will remove you from the program is you don't register by today. My reminder from last month is below, more detailed, and includes a link. Since the web archives will scrub the link, here it is actual and broken up:

www DOT natcom DOT org/members

www.natcom.org/members

Dr. Eric Morris
Asst Prof of Communication & Director of Forensics
Craig Hall 366A, Dept of Communication
Missouri State University
Springfield, MO 65897
(O) 417-836-7636
(H) 417-865-6866
(C) 417-496-7141
AIM: ermocito, ericandtaleyna
GMAIL:ermocito at gmail.com (please use for large attachments)

________________________________

From: edebate-bounces at www.ndtceda.com on behalf of Morris, Eric R
Sent: Mon 7/28/08 12:02 PM
To: edebate
Subject: [eDebate] NCA 2008 - Registration Reminder

I also used the NCA All Academic system to remind people - BUT, just in case.

NCA this year is REQUIRING early registration by August 6 (a week from Wednesday) for all convention presentations. If you are not registered by that date, which includes payment, they will remove you from the final convention book. This is a new enforcement mechanism, and while it's not one that I would have chosen, I would hate to see anyone excluded because of forgetting the deadline. Thus, this is a reminder.

The letter NCA sent me (and presumptive other presenters) says that, if you use a paper copy to register, they want it by August 1 to process it. That's this Thursday!

If you choose to register online, you just go to www.natcom.org/members. I just did this - it took maybe 2 minutes. They ask that you don't wait until the last moment, so to avoid a last minute rush that crashes their system and risks leaving people out. In my case, the greater danger would be forgetting - so, I encourage you to do it today instead!

If you are scheduled to present but aren't planning/able to register by August 6, please backchannel me. It's not clear whether or not we'll be notified in any other way by NCA. Although I doubt that we'll be able to do anything to protect panels from depleting, I am sure the CEDA leadership would like to know where we stand, in case there are any options to be explored...

Dr. Eric Morris

Assistant Prof. of Communication

Director of Forensics

Missouri State University