[eDebate] Technology and debate

matthew farmer matthewfarm
Wed Aug 6 21:17:19 CDT 2008

I've been thinking about something for a while and I think that the
community should probably discuss it.  What are our standards/what should
they be for the use of the internet and other communication devices in
debate.  Can you cut cards during a debate, can you talk to people on im
even if it's not about debate, should debaters have their wifi on during a
debate at all?   Should debaters be able to access their deabte servers
during a debate, should that be the only thing that they can access?  If we
come to a consensus on the appropriate behavioral standards, how might we
enforce and verify them?  Even if it's not possible to fully enforce new
rules, should we enact them anyway in an effort to establish and codify a
community norm?

play nice...

farmer