[eDebate] 2008 WDI Results & Thanks

David Register regedebate
Thu Aug 7 10:30:07 CDT 2008

The 2008 National College Policy Debate Workshop is over!  The weather was
great and the evidence set is outstanding.  Our Scholars did an amazing job.
Thank you to Brian Rubaie, Lauren Sabino, Dylan Quigley, and Nick Watts for
all of their hard work in making this year such a success.

In our camp tournament, the final round was won on a 3-0 decision:

[AFF] Zac Hartkopp (JCCC) & Derek Ziegler (K State) defeat [NEG] Ben Dabiri
(OU) & Jen Cox (OU)

Speaker awards (2 and 3 tied):

1.       Ashley Fortner (Richmond)

2.       Jen Cox (Oklahoma)

3.       Derek Ziegler (K State)

4.       Ben Dabiri (Oklahoma)

The videos from the final Scholars debate and from the final round will be
available soon.

See the indexes for the complete list of files produced:

http://debate.uvm.edu/dcpdf/wdi2008collegepolicyindexes1.pdf

http://debate.uvm.edu/dcpdf/wdi2008collegepolicyindexes2.pdf

Thank you to everyone who came, especially those novices from
Louisiana-Lafayette and Monmouth whose work ethics and brains should give
those programs a lot of hope for the future.

David Register
Lecturer/Debate Coach
Lawrence Debate Union
Department of Theatre