[eDebate] QatarDebate - Coaching Opportunities in Qatar

Jason Jarvis debatekorea
Sat Aug 9 18:44:39 CDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alex Just <alex at qatardebate. org>

Date: Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 11:49 PM
Subject: [AUDC] QatarDebate - Coaching Opportunities in Qatar
To: AUDC at yahoogroups. com

            QATARDEBATE ? COACHING OPPORTUNITIES IN QATAR

BACKGROUND

QatarDebate is the National Debating Organisation for Qatar and a

member of the Qatar Foundation. QatarDebate was established in

September 2007 with the aim of developing, supporting and raising the

standard of open discussion and debate among students in Qatar and

across the Middle East, shaping the Global Citizens of today and the

intellectual leaders of tomorrow. The programme is overseen by an

Executive Director, Dr. Hayat Maarafi, and run by a Program Manager,

Mr. Alex Just.

In its first year, QatarDebate has run workshops on debate for over

1500 students and faculty at over 30 different educational

institutions across Qatar, within Education City and beyond.

QatarDebate administered the first ever Qatar-wide debate league

between schools and universities from February 2008, and ran National

Schools and National Universities debating competitions attended by

over 400 students in March 2008.

For more details about QatarDebate please refer to our website at

www.qatardebate. org

UPCOMING OPPORTUNITIES

Over the course of the next academic year QatarDebate is seeking to

employ on a contract basis world-class debate trainers to help coach

debate in schools and universities across Qatar. Although the

QatarDebate format is a modified version of the World Schools/Australs

format anyone with debate coaching experience may apply.

We are now recruiting trainers for the following sessions:

* Workshop 1:	20th ? 29th September 2008	6 Coaches	Deadline: 1st

September 2008

* Workshop 2:	6th ? 14th December 2008	6 Coaches	Deadline: 1st

November 2008

* Workshop 3:	7th ? 17th January 2009		6 Coaches	Deadline: 1st

November 2008

*** Please note that except in exceptional circumstances you must be

available for the full duration of the workshop period ***

We promise to provide a unique experience for all our trainers who

will receive the following for assisting with our coaching programme:

* Economy Flights from your home country to Doha

* Accommodation in a 5-Star Hotel in Doha, with all food and internal

travel expenses covered

* USD$200 per coaching day (engagements will be between 7 and 10 days)

* A free trip to the spectacular Qatari desert and a chance to go

camel riding!

HOW TO APPLY

If you are interested in applying to become a QatarDebate trainer

please send your competitive debate/coaching CV and the workshops you

are available to coach at to hr [at] qatardebate. org by the deadlines

outlined above.

We will only be contacting successful applicants within 10 days of the

application deadline, though our HR Department will hold your CV on

file and we may invite you to work at QatarDebate workshops in the future.

If you have any further queries about QatarDebate please contact Alex

Just at alex [at] qatardebate. org

    __._,_.___

            Messages in this topic           (1)

            Reply           (via web post)

          Start a new topic

                Messages
            |    Files
            |    Photos
            |    Links
            |    Database
            |    Polls
            |    Members
            |    Calendar

        Visit Your Group

        Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use       |

        Unsubscribe

		Visit Your Group

                      Y! Messenger
Files to share?
Send up to 1GB of
files in an IM.

                      Learn to live
a full life with these
healthy living
groups on Yahoo!

                      Yahoo! Groups
w/ John McEnroe
Join the All-Bran
Day 10 Club.

	  .

Got Game? Win Prizes in the Windows Live Hotmail Mobile Summer Games Trivia Contest
http://www.gowindowslive.com/summergames?ocid=TXT_TAGHM