[eDebate] snowball

Thu Aug 14 10:50:36 CDT 2008

around this time yesterday the video had been viewed around 10,000 times.
the number of views is now 105,088.

the minneapolis star tribune (following the associated press) continues the
parade of inaccuracies.

http://www.startribune.com/nation/26951714.html?elr=KArks:DCiUHc3E7_V_nDaycUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiU :
"A Fort Hays academic officer says the Pittsburgh professor had accused
the
Fort Hays team of dropping her as a judge because she's black."

if she made this accusation, she did not do so on the video i saw. c.b.s. news
repeats this sentence verbatim, but also provides us with a better example
of creative journalism.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/08/14/national/main4350183.shtml.

note the clever turns of phrase - e.g., "feral, expletive-laced tirade". (that's
how you get paid the big bucks, volks.)

the kansas city star's copy wasn't all that bad:
http://www.kansas.com/news/state/story/493757.html

chalk it up to irony that the fairest coverage so far has been displayed by
a website named after 'black voices':
http://www.blackvoices.com/newsarticle/_a/race-fight-leads-to-professor-mooning/20080813161309990001

one quibble: is it accurate to describe shanahan as having 'mooned the
audience'? ...he mooned the person he was arguing with, to be sure, but
he later qualifies, "my argument wasn't with the people in this room" (3:59s).
obviously he showed his keister to the roomful of people, but is mooning an
intentional act directed at (a) particular target(s). i'd rather say, he mooned
dr. reid-brinkley - not the audience.

one comment of bill's we can all agree with: "this is huge" (2:05s).

Got Game? Win Prizes in the Windows Live Hotmail Mobile Summer Games Trivia Contest
http://www.gowindowslive.com/summergames?ocid=TXT_TAGHM