[eDebate] NDT archives start to get coverage as well...and some positive

Stefan Bauschard stefan.bauschard
Thu Aug 14 11:30:12 CDT 2008

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2008/08/professor_moons.php

"You can read one of the debaters' full explanation in
jargon<http://www.ndtceda.com/pipermail/edebate/2008-August/075460.html>,
but what you really want is the video..."

"Directors of debate across the country are concerned that, because the
video was on CNN.com's front page yesterday, the incident will reflect
poorly on the activity as a whole. Here's the screenshot."

"College debate isn't what what the limited books and movies would have you
believe. It's stranger, smarter, and dare I say *better* than just about any
other educational activity. More than just "talking pretty," debate requires
an intricate mix of intellect, confidence, and strategic thought --
qualities it also helps develop. As such, it attracts brilliant
personalities. Brilliant personalities that are sometimes abrasive and
erratic.....That being said, while this video is an aberration, it does
offer a window into some portions of debate. These aren't shy nerds reading
off of recipe cards. These are passionate, often forceful people delving
into the arcane but beautiful world of argument. With exposed asscheeks, on
occasion. Is it any wonder I want to write a book about this stuff?"