[eDebate] circle the wagons

Fri Aug 15 11:15:05 CDT 2008

"Diversity that somehow constitutes itself as a harmonious ensemble of benign
cultural spheres is a conservative and liberal model of multiculturalism that, in
my mind, deserves to be jettisoned because, when we try to make culture an
undisturbed space of harmony and agreement where social relations exist
within cultural forms of uninterrupted accord, we ascribe to a form of social
amnesia in which we forget that all knowledge is forged in histories that are
played out in the field of social antagonisms."

-- peter mclaren, quoted in bell hooks' 'teaching to transgress' (1994, p31).

Get ideas on sharing photos from people like you.  Find new ways to share.
http://www.windowslive.com/explore/photogallery/posts?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Photo_Gallery_082008