[eDebate] ADI 2008 Results and Thanks

Adam Symonds asymonds
Mon Aug 18 21:46:00 CDT 2008

It is with great sadness that I must finally, officially, conclude the
ADI 2008. I would like to
thank our incredible staff, Jon Bruschke, Glen Frappier, Dr. Dave
Hingstman, Sarah
Holbrook, Theresa Perry, Sue Peterson, Jason Russell, Sarah Spring,
Gordon Stables, and, the real brains behind the operation, Sylvia
Symonds.

In addition, our fellows did an incredible job of research and
teaching. Thanks to Abe, Alex, Alyssa, Avery, Beth, Caitlin, Chris,
Clare, Danielle, Deven, Desiree, Garrett, Kiran, Kevin, Laura, Liz,
Nick, and our fellows spokesperson (or just resident old guy) Jim.

That leaves one last piece of business: This year's results.
Congratulations to all of the following students from around the
country:

Research Division Teams:
1. Moczulski & Padrta 5-1
2. Eisenberg & Sydnor 5-1
3. Brown & Norris 5-1
4. Kelly & Kosloe 5-1
5. Montee & Thomas 4-2
6. Kanellopolous & Myers 4-2
7. Bass & Woodruff 4-2
8. Harold & Katzman 4-2

Research Division Speakers:
1. Leah Moczulski
2. Chris Thomas
3. Kurt Fifelski
4. Jennifer Sweeny
5. Scott Koslow
6. Elliot Carr-Lee
7. Andy Montee
8. JR Sterling
9. Garry Padrta
10. Shree Asware

Skills Division Teams:
1. Domangue & Matis 5-1
2. Khalafi & Stuyvenberg 5-1
3. Hoopingarner & Tanase 5-1
4. Hart & Kunzelman 4-2
5. Holt & Waller 4-2
6. Cantu & Karin 4-2
7. Huttleston & Sargent 4-2

Skills Division Speakers:
1. Chapman Matis
2. Shayan Khalafi
3. Cameron Kunzelman
4. Jessica Stuyvenberg
5. Daniel Perdromo
6. Bill Sebelle
7. Richard Waller
8. Justin Cantu
9. Melissa Curvino
10. Wan Cha

Novice Transition Division Teams:
1. Gordon & Siebert 5-1
2. Kim & Li 5-1
3. Barkley & Wilson 4-2

Novice Transition Division Speakers:
1. Michael Wong
2. Constance Gordon
3. Anna Li
4. Krisine Kim

And, finally, the ADI Fellows Tournament has returned!

Fellows Teams:
Abelkop & Lamballe 4-0, top seed
Cooper & Gray, 3-1, 2nd seed
Jennings & Schultz, 3-1, 3rd seed

Fellows Speakers:
1. Abelkop
2. Gray
3. Lamballe
4. Schultz
5. Cooper

Special Congratulations to this year's Browning Award Winner, Dustin
Chastant from the University of Louisiana Lafayette.

Thanks again to everyone that came to teach and to learn. By all
accounts, we had one of the largest and most productive summers in
Tempe ever. See you all
around the circuit and hopefully at the ADI 2009!

Adam Symonds
Director, Arizona Debate Institute
Director of Forensics
Arizona State University