[eDebate] Message Post: West Point Debate Tournament Invitation

Ayers, N. MAJ SOCSCI Nicholas.Ayers
Wed Aug 20 12:24:44 CDT 2008

If you can post this on eDebate, I would appreciate it.
Thank you
Best
Nick Ayers

41st Annual West Point Debate Tournament

I am pleased to invite you to the 41st annual West Point Debate
Tournament to be held from 17 to 20 October 2008 at your United States
Military Academy. This year's tournament will feature six preliminary
rounds of competition, two on Friday, four on Saturday, and elimination
rounds on Sunday.  We will offer competition in three divisions of
debate: open, junior varsity and novice divisions. Tournament entries
must be received by October 15, 2007. Entries after this date are
subject to denial based on room availability. By tradition we will host
the awards brunch on Sunday morning at the West Point Club overlooking
the Hudson River.  Entry fees will cover continental breakfast and lunch
on Saturday, brunch on Sunday, and snacks throughout the tournament.

We are offering limited MPJ this year for the first time.  We will have
a basic A/B/C system in effect for all divisions and limited strikes
available in Open and JV.  I am interested in hearing your thoughts on
this change.  As always, our final round judges will be preselected
academic and policy experts in the topic area. We will have the panel's
biographical information available at registration and will post it to
eDebate as soon as the judges are confirmed.

Our tournament fees are $100 per team and we charge a meal fee of $25
for judges (to cover breakfast, lunch, brunch and snacks). If you manage
a program with a limited budget, please contact us about a fee
reduction; we will do our best to help you compete.

Our tournament is CEDA sanctioned and will comply with the underlying
principles of CEDA's Statement on Sexual Harassment and Discrimination
and the Statement of Ethical Principles.

If you have any questions, please contact me at (845) 938-3411 (office),
or by e-mail at Nicholas.ayers at usma.edu. Additional details to include a
full schedule, lodging, and directions are on debateresults.com.  On the
day of the tournament you should contact the Tab Room at (845) 938-7503
as cell phones do not work in our academic facility. I look forward to
seeing you for a beautiful fall weekend at West Point.

Respectfully,

Nick Ayers
Major, U.S. Army
Tournament Director

Nick Ayers
MAJ, AR
Instructor, Department of Social Science
United States Military Academy
(845) 938-3411