[eDebate] on the "CEDA Statement"

matt stannard stannardmatt
Fri Aug 22 19:43:13 CDT 2008

I am the Rocky Mountain Regional Representative of CEDA.  I just want to say, for the record, that the first time I heard or saw anything about CEDA's statement in response to Professor Shanahan's and the Fort Hays program's termination was when Darren Elliot posted onto edebate that the statement had been drafted and released.  There was no email communication to the rest of the CEDA leadership either announcing or calling for feedback on the construction and release of this statement.  I am not saying that the President, VP and 2VP didn't have the constitutional right to draft and release the statement without the approval or deliberation of the rest of the CEDA government (I don't know if they did or not, and I apologize for my ignorance concerning that) but I just want to say that the statement does not necessarily reflect the views of every member of the CEDA government--nor were we consulted or invited to deliberate on the statement.

Matt Stannard
Director, Wyoming Speech and Debate Union

Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with Windows?.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108588800/direct/01/