[eDebate] Kentucky tournament hotel update

SOLT, ROGER E resolt2
Tue Aug 26 11:10:53 CDT 2008

Our contact person at the tournament hotel is expressing concern about the limited number of reservations they have received.  To calm her nerves, you might want to register soon.  Also remember, registration and elimination rounds will be held at the tournament hotel.  Moderately priced and close to campus, we recommend its use.

Again, the tournament hotel is the LEXINGTON DOWNTOWN HOTEL.  It is the same exact facility as we used last year, and it is being run by the same people.  The rather anonymous name is a temporary alias, being used while the hotel transforms itself from a Radisson into a Hilton.  In sum, it is nice hotel, in the process of getting nicer.

For reservations, you can call 877-539-1648.  The hotel front desk number (I think) is still 859-231-9000.

It is possible, of course, that there may be some problems associated with the hotel's transition.  If you have any problems with the hotel, please let me know.

The guaranteed block and the special tournament rate are good through September 12.

Roger Solt