[eDebate] Plan now for the 2009 NDCA Championships!

Tara Tate tara_l_tate
Thu Aug 28 08:27:30 CDT 2008

I know folks are finishing up their calendars and budget projections for the 2008-2009 school year. I want to urge everyone to consider attending the 2009 NDCA Championships this year.

Please read this to see the cost-cutting measures we have taken for you! Assuming you can negotiate a reasonable way to get to Las Vegas, we have worked very hard to make this tournament affordable.

The quick run-down:

It will be in Las Vegas, NV on April 18-20. It is being hosted by the UNLV debate team, the Clark County school district, and Ted Belch. Rounds will be housed on the campus of UNLV.

We will offer policy, LD, and Public Forum divisions.

We will be introducing the Dukes & Bailey Cup this year...similar to the Baker Cup we give in policy, this award will recognize season-long excellence for LD. It will be awarded to the LD debater with the highest points achieved on the NDCA application process.

Now, how is this affordable for you?

1 - We have secured a tournament hotel for $65.00 a night. Free wireless.

2 - No ground transportation costs. The hotel will be providing shuttles to/from McCarran Airport and to/from UNLV for us....for free.

3 - We keep our entry fees very low. We don't make a dime on this tournament. We cover our costs. You will find the entry fees to be lower than any "national circuit" tournament you attend.

The NDCA Board has worked very hard to provide a tournament that meets the needs of the community. Every year, we hear students and coaches state that we are their favorite tournament. We have always had very hospitable hosts, a hard-working tab room, a great judge pool, an *extremely* competitive field, and a tournament schedule that is healthy.

We have already had a swarm of folks inquire about the tournament for this year and have committed to attending that have not in previous years.
As always, ANY suggestions on ways that we can continue to improve this tournament should be sent on to an NDCA Board member.

Tara Tate
President, NDCA
Director of Debate, GBS
Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger.  Find out how.
http://www.windowslive.com/explore/messenger?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger_yahoo_082008