[eDebate] Assistant Coach Position - Marist College - Repost

James Maritato james.maritato
Thu Aug 28 16:37:36 CDT 2008

Hello All,

    Marist is still in search of an assistant coach for its debate program.
I have provided the full job post below, but wanted to add a few other
comments:

1.  The salary for this position is $11,000 paid from start of employment
through May of 2009.
2.  The ideal candidate for this position will be able to regularly coach at
regional tournaments in the Northeast.
3.  The position does not require relocation if the right candidate is
willing to travel from their location to Marist and/or debate tournaments.
Marist covers all travel costs.
4.  We are open to hiring an experienced World's or Parliamentary debate
coach to work with our new World's debaters in lieu of filling this position
with a policy debate coach.  Applicants with a policy debate background may
also be asked to work with World's debaters.
5.  The assistant coach is expected to travel to most tournaments and assist
students with production of evidence/briefs.  For purposes of
classification, this is a "traveling coach" position with some part-time
evaluation and criticism of student work on a weekly basis (either in person
or via distance learning).  We are NOT looking for a card cutter who is not
interested in attending tournaments.
6.  Applicants must have a valid drivers license or the capacity to obtain
one.

The job post is available below.  To apply, please complete the online
application located in the "Administrative" openings posted at
http://jobs.marist.edu, and feel free to contact me if you have further
questions.

OFFICIAL POST:
The Communication Department at Marist College seeks an Assistant Debate
Coach for the 2008-2009 academic year.  The responsibilities of the
Assistant Debate Coach include traveling to competitions and events as a
coach for Marist's Policy Debate Team as well as assisting with research
assignments and preparation for competition.  A Bachelor's degree as well at
least one year of experience competing or coaching in Policy (NDT/CEDA) or
Parliamentary (NPDA/NPTE) debate are required for this position. Applicants
well-versed in distance learning technologies and comfortable with computer
mediated communication environments may be considered for this position,
thus relocation is not required. However, applicants must be able to travel
to debate competitions or the Marist College campus on weekends at the
College's expense.

Jim Maritato
Director of Debate
Marist College