[eDebate] Fwd: Delta Raising fee for 2nd checked bag to 50 dollars a bag

Stefan Bauschard stefan.bauschard
Fri Aug 1 10:06:36 CDT 2008

August 1, 2008, 8:50 am

*Starting Today, No More Free Water on US Air*

Posted by Nikki Waller

*Journal reporter Stephanie Chen on changes coming to US Air's domestic
flights today.*

*Charging for checked luggage and legroom* isn't enough for some carriers ?
starting today, coach passengers flying aboard US Airways Inc. must pay for
a drink of water.

This morning, US Airways began charging fliers $2 for bottled water and
sodas and $1 for teas and coffees. First class members, trans-Atlantic
passengers and a select group of others are exempt from the extra fees.

Brietbart 8/1

[image:
http://img.breitbart.com/images/2008/8/1/080801113457.uw1d6g1c/CPS.NDW56.010808133400.photo00.quicklook.default-245x146.jpg]
[image: http://www.breitbart.com/images/common/dot.gif]
View larger image<http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080801113457.uw1d6g1c&show_article=1&image=large>
[image: http://www.breitbart.com/images/common/dot.gif]

[image: http://www.breitbart.com/images/common/dot.gif]Dubai carrier
Emirates said its new superjumbo, which boasts features such as showers and
luxury suites, took to the skies on Friday, becoming only the second airline
to fly the world's biggest plane.

The A380, which can seat 853 passengers, took off for its inaugural flight
bound for New York, the first of 58 ordered in a 18.8-billion-dollar
(12-billion-euro) deal with the European plane manufacturer.

The government-owned airline, the fastest growing in the Middle East, is
already the largest single client of the A380, which has been beset by
delays. The first plane had been scheduled for delivery in October 2007.

Singapore Airlines last year became the first carrier in the world to fly
the superjumbo.

--
Stefan Bauschard

President & Co-Founder, PlanetDebate.com
Director of Debate, Lakeland Schools
Debate Coach, Harvard Debate

(c) 781-775-0433
(fx) 617-588-0283