[eDebate] CEDA 2008...SHANARA REID VS. BILL SHANAHAN

Andy Ellis andy.edebate
Sun Aug 3 17:28:30 CDT 2008

so alot of peole dont endorse sanction or otherwise agree with bills
actions...either those are platitudes to assuage the impact or its
time for ceda or the community to do something about it.

i dont work at ft hays so i am not in a positin to decide if bill
should continue to be employed, but i am a member of ceda and have an
elected role and will exlore the options available within th
constitution to bar a dangerous man from interacting with studnts
inways that provide clear risks to debate and the organization

if such solutions  do not provide fruitful outcomes i would encourage
each of you who have expressed outrage and suggested that bill not be
employed to pursue the course of action you feel approiate to bring
about an outcome which is in the best interes of the whole of the
activity.

i am no longer employed by towson university but am in charge of a
program which sees college debat as a means of empowerment for urban
youth and will do everything in my power to ensure those students have
the opportunity to pursue a debate education in a space without
risking the kind of violent hostility frquently displayed by bill.

andy ellis