[eDebate] Quarters of the Ceda

Zompetti, Joseph Perry jpzompe
Sun Aug 3 23:28:29 CDT 2008

Actually, as long as the community continues to believe that MPJ is a good idea, I think teams should be able to defend who they prefer and who they strike.  This is, after all, an activity based on advocacy.  Folks should be prepared to defend their choices.

Joseph Zompetti

Joseph P. Zompetti, Ph.D.
Associate Professor & Director of Forensics
School of Communication
Illinois State University
Campus Box 4480
Normal, IL  61790-4480
office: (309) 438-3277
e-mail:  jpzompe at ilstu.edu

Everything you can imagine is real.
--Pablo Picasso

________________________________

From: edebate-bounces at www.ndtceda.com on behalf of Kade Olsen
Sent: Sun 8/3/2008 10:46 PM
To: edebate at www.ndtceda.com
Subject: [eDebate] Quarters of the Ceda

People should not disclose another teams strikes.  It usually is a Judge  the other team would like to keep prefering but having that person informed they were "struck" makes things Very Very Messed up.  Can people imagine if they had to explain why they struck every single judge?  I tend to think a lot of shit can be talked about in a debate round.  Who you strike SHOULD NOT be one.