[eDebate] On Fidelity and the Debate Community

Greg Thomas greg.thomas
Mon Aug 4 14:11:30 CDT 2008

OK, I wasn't speaking as to who I was talking about specifically, but I do
want to comment on one statement here (and it could apply to anyone):

You state: "Just saying I empathize and hope that everything good he has
ever done isnt washed away in one moment of bad judgement."

Exactly my point.  I am not saying anyone should/shouldn't be fired, its not
my place to make that call.  However, the question is is it right to hide
information (or as some people have been doing even going so far as to
condemn someone for bringing information to light) to avoid that information
getting to those people whose job it is to make that call?

Your drug selling friend made his choice and a court made a decision.
Tragic, yes.  But would you blame the cops who arrested him (or do you think
they shouldn't have arrested him) because the courts would send him to jail?