[eDebate] Wow. 7 African-American coaches. Victory!

Duane Hyland privethedge
Tue Aug 5 04:58:41 CDT 2008

If UDL were thrust into varsity, TOC style debate,
students would bolt. >>
?
Scott, I'm not sure how much high school judging you do - but this isn't true. I've judged several UDL teams over the years at varsity level, TOC qualifying tournaments...Most have been more than up to the task of taking on traditional teams - they didn't run out of the room, they made their arguments and strived for?a win, and they won more often than not....Don't over generalize!
?
H.

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that person that he, if he had the power, would be in silencing mankind? If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth; if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by??its collision with error." John S. Mill
?Who said Dr. Who isn't Funny: "Rose: You Didn't Have to Kill him! Dalek: "Neither did we need him to live."
Dalek to Cyberman: :"You are Superior to us in one respect." Cyberman: "What is that?" Dalek: "Dying!"