[eDebate] reply to Carver

Andy Ellis andy.edebate
Tue Aug 5 20:29:40 CDT 2008

While your RATM story is actually kinda of interesting, even if tangential,
the point is you are asking a rate for tournament pay that is while maybe
fair compensation for your time, a ridiculous level for this community. I
really wish thats what the pay scale here looked like, i do, but its not,
and unless you can Tommie or Zach to ante up the kinda dough that it would
require to pay those kinda rates i think people are going to mock you a
little when you suggest that a weekend worth of your judging is worth an
appalingly high percentage of their salaries...i mean really, i made 6k for
coaching the ceda national champion last year, not as a bonus, but like that
was my take home for the year...that may not be normal, but most people are
just not gonna pay you what you are asking when a recent grad will do it for
200 bucks some floor space and some taco bell...maybe thats your point and
if you have a means to increase the rates to the level of which you speak i
am all ears, but other wise you just sound kinda insane....