[eDebate] "Inaccuracies" in coverage

Thu Aug 14 13:44:56 CDT 2008

http://www.ndtceda.com/pipermail/edebate/2008-August/075698.html

i agree it's "the way we are willing to treat and talk with each other" that
should be center stage, so it's worth determining what mistreatment was
and was not alleged: if a story incorrectly reads "the Pittsburgh professor
had accused the Fort Hays team of dropping her as a judge because she's
black," then that's a false impression that ought to be set straight before a
discussion of wider implications, no?

i'm not 'surprised' so much as i'm not yet so cynical as to believe that news
stories shouldn't bear a modicum of resemblance to actual events (especially
when those events have been captured on video). ...but maybe you're right.
maybe we've reached the simulacrum phase.

Get Windows Live and get whatever you need, wherever you are.  Start here.
http://www.windowslive.com/default.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Home_082008