[eDebate] the Pittsburgh Post Gazette is a joke

brian rubaie brubaie
Fri Aug 15 13:50:02 CDT 2008

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08228/904458-53.stm

the writer's angle seems to be 'debate is hiding lots of dark secrets that
are only sometimes caught on video.' i definitely agree with jay hawk on the
need for good publicity to counteract the bad. i've just been posting links
on discussion boards and news sites to more quality debates, particularly
the CEDA finals debates featuring the fort and towson, in an attempt to show
what debate really is and why it's good.

unfortunately, schakner has a major readership and we're a bit more insular,
but press releases, good interviews, and backchannels will definitely be a
help if/as the story develops. .

brian