[eDebate] Fall Out & The High School World

Josh jbhdb8
Mon Aug 18 17:46:26 CDT 2008

What Mike is saying is not that you are in any way calling for Bill or
anyone else's job...Mike was saying his own primary concern is with the well
being of fellow college coaches who might be in danger.

In addition, he is saying that given that all of us are "horrified" it
happened we are certainly not endorsing that it happened.  There is a
difference between defending debate and our colleagues and endorsing what
happened after that round.  It made all of our lives more difficult and
yours too...Nobody is happy about that.  Nobody is excited to be the star of
the next debate youtube video (at least nobody with working brain cells).

I would also like to add that in my over 20 years of debate this is one of
about three altercations I have ever seen that were even remotely similar to
this.  Pretty hard to paint the majority of college debate, college debate
coaches, or college debate teams with this brush.  It would seem that this
should be true for high school coaches as well.

Josh