[eDebate] Cal Debate Tournament Information

gregachten at berkeley.edu gregachten
Mon Dec 1 16:13:40 CST 2008

Greetings,

Our tournament is rapidly approaching and there are a couple of things I
wanted to share with people.

First, please make your hotel reservations as soon as possible. Our block
does not expire until January 5, but it is relatively close to filling up.
The hotel is the Oakland City Center Marriott. Keep in mind this is a
different tournament hotel than years past, but it is the hotel we will
use for the NDT and CEDA in 2010 so this will give you a chance to scope
out the venue and more importantly give them a chance to figure out if
they need to upgrade their wireless network for our group. I have managed
to secure a tournament rate of $117 per night for up to 4 people per
room.You can make reservations now by calling1-888-236-2427 and asking for
the Cal National Debate Tournament rate. Wireless internet is free for all
attendees, but there is charge of $26 per night for parking.

Second, if you want to purchase a parking permit for use on campus on
Saturday and Sunday, please let me know now, so that I can place the order
with our parking office. The permits are $20 per car for the weekend.

Best,

Greg