[eDebate] Information/Encouragement for Data Collection/Research at CEDA Nationals 2009

Sue Peterson bk2nocal
Thu Dec 18 11:41:50 CST 2008

Hello all!

I am writing to encourage those doing research that requires data
collection, especially that related to debate and/or forensics, to consider
submitting proposals for doing that collection at the 2009 CEDA Nationals at
Idaho State University.  The campus would like anyone who plans on doing
data collection to submit a letter notifying them of the project (a simple
cover letter should do) and a copy of your campus' human subjects approval.
There is no additional approval needed from ISU, just notification of the
plan to conduct the study during CEDA Nationals and your own campus'
approval.

The address to submit letters to is:

Human Subjects Committee
Idaho State University
Mail Stop 8130
Pocatello ID 83209-8130

For additional information, the contact in ISU's Human Subjects office is
Pat Hunt, huntpatr at isu.edu.

I would like to coordinate research at CEDA Nationals to make it as
successful as possible, so please let me know when you submit the letter and
approval to ISU and provide me with the cover letter describing your project
as well.  CEDA Nationals is a great opportunity to get good response numbers
and it has gone underutilized lately.  I hope we can reinvigorate interest
in using this opportunity to its fullest each year.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Sue Peterson, Director of Speech and Debate at CSU Chico
sepeterson at csuchico.edu
530-898-4771

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
-Robert J. Hanlon