[eDebate] USC Alan Nichols Updates

Gordon Stables stables
Wed Dec 31 18:11:55 CST 2008

Hope everyone is enjoying their New Year's Eve. From the standpoint of those involved with this tournament for many years, I really hope everyone is enjoying their free time tonight. It is hard to believe that we would normally be in late elims at this point!

We have a very large turnout this year (92 open teams and 22 JV teams) and we are hard to accommodate you at the Nichols. I will refrain from making a lot of update emails, so please make sure you review this note.

1) Preferences - They are active now and will be open until 9:00 pm January 2nd (the close of registration). We and Fullerton are using Jon's  new CAT system so hopefully it will be easier to coordinate your preference work for both tournaments.

2) Ground transportation - I have the follow schools and number of participants using our shuttles. If you were planning on using our shuttle and don't see yourself, please let me know ASAP. We cannot make any guarantees about adding seats on the shuttles at registration. Concordia - 5, Emory - 15, Georgia - 5, Gonzaga - 14, Mary Washington - 2, North Texas - 3

3) The full invitation (available on our website - linked below) and debateresults contains lots of useful information such as parking, the schedule, etc. Printing a copy will make your travel easier. The only change is that we will be having a brief awards ceremony at its usual time (immediately after round 7) and not on January 5th.

4) Registration is at the Sheraton (room will be available at the desk) starting at 7 pm January 2nd. If you have any trouble with your travel or won't be making it to registration, please email me or call me at 702-354-2973.

Have a great and safe debate-free evening all and see all 350 of you shortly!!

Gordon

Gordon Stables, Ph.D.
Director of Debate & Forensics
Annenberg School for Communication