[eDebate] nice start: chicago machine already crippling cagliostro

Old Strega oldstrega
Mon Dec 15 00:15:04 CST 2008

please, the thomas spin machine is dodging the issues:1) obama said noone in his camp talked to blagojevich about the senate seat.   rambo did.    not being the target of the investigation is not precluding the possibility of rahmbo's resignation and a credibility crisis for obama who misspoke like axelrod on chicago fox news.   "embarrassment...even if no illegal deals were discussed, and could even force Mr. Emanuel's resignation".    sorry but obama is a little too close to blagojevich for maintaining credibility on reinvigorating government.   he was blagojevich's 2000 advisor for chrissakes and endorsed his candidacy numerous times back when he was just as crooked as he is tody.   obama is run of the mill corruption.   emanuel is still in a heap of shit and you have no answer.http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5332897.ecePressure Any recordings of the newly appointed White House Chief of Staff speaking to Mr Blagojevich about Mr Obama?s former Senate seat would prove an acute embarrassment to the incoming Obama Administration, even if no illegal deals were discussed, and could even force Mr Emanuel?s resignation. Mr Obama has promised to release details of any contacts between his staff and the Governor?s office but told a news conference on Thursday that he was ?absolutely certain? that none of his aides was involved in any deal-making.Mr Emanuel skipped Mr Obama?s press conference, which he typically attends. Cornered by a Chicago Sun-Times reporter at a concert at his children?s school, he refused to comment.?I?m not going to say a word to you,? Mr Emanuel said. ?I?m going to do this with my children. Don?t do that. I?m a father. I have two kids. I?m not going to do it.?He was asked: ?Can?t you do both?? Mr Emanuel replied: ?I?m not as capable as you. I?m going to be a father. I?m allowed to be a father.?Mr Emanuel told an ABC News cameraman, whom he invited into his house to use the toilet yesterday, that he was receiving ?regular death threats? because his home address had been put on TV.2) faking opposition to corruption is the best disguise for making new corruption.     the bush administration is basically done.    the old corruption is over.   time to focus on the new corruption and refuse to accept the cover of "straight talk" which was a campaign slogan trick.    immanent critique forces the advocates of "straight talk" to walk the walk.   you are a simpleton on tyranny.     your insinuation that the democrats are inherently anti-tyranny and the republicans pro-tyranny is dangerous.     FDR's court packing scheme was an attempted coup.    at this point, the promotion of both parties of the executive branch at the expense of the constitution is making tyranny palatable to those susceptible to branding used in advertising tricking you into believing that one party is significantly different than the other.   gates is the clark kent of the bush administration in iraq and now he's the superman of the obama administration in iraq. 3) obama is not off the hook.   judicial watch asks the pertinent question.    the idea that obama walked away from offers to sell his senate seat is not sufficient.   obama should have reported the bribe, unless, of course, he's above the laws concerning bribes as you will contend if you dare reply.   the moral high ground of refusing to get involved in the bribes is a straw man.   http://www.judicialwatch.org/news/2008/dec/judicial-watch-statement-blagojevich-arrest-shakes-obama-presidency-its-coreJudicial Watch President Tom Fitton issued the following statement today in response to the arrest of Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich:"There has been an air of lawlessness around Governor Blagojevich for some time and Judicial Watch applauds U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald for his actions."Blagojevich's corruption is no surprise, but its breadth and depravity is shocking. The alleged efforts to sell the Senate seat of Barack Obama are outrageous, but also seem to implicate many other powerful politicians and political players. Especially disturbing are the questions the scandal raises about Barack Obama and his close associates."This is a burgeoning crisis for Obama that should shake his presidency to its core."The criminal complaint filed today indicates that Obama and his team knew about Blagojevich's efforts to sell Obama's Senate seat. ("Tony" Rezko, Obama friend, fundraiser and real estate partner, is once again implicated in the corrupt activities exposed today.)"Did Obama report Blagojevich to investigators about any efforts to sell his Senate seat?"From: pinkballoon at hotmail.comTo: oldstrega at hotmail.com; edebate at ndtceda.comSubject: Re: [eDebate] nice start: chicago machine already crippling cagliostroDate: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 17:01:07 -0500

Actually, Blagojevich was ferreted out by an
anti-corruption bill Obama helped to pass.  Blagojevich was rushing to
get in donations before Obama's law took effect on January 1st, which is why he
was so pushy and, thus, legally caught.

That Emanuel was voice recorded on the tapes
is no surprise: he said as much from the beginning (and was even rumored to be a
whistle-blower to the FBI).  Regardless, DOJ District Attorney Patrick
Fitzgerald said neither Emanuel nor Obama were targets in the
investigation.  If anything, it would be a surprise if the President-elect
was *not* talking with the Governor about political strategy involving the best
Democratic candidate to run in 2010.

Getting death threats (something no one on the
right has to deal with... unless they are getting attacked by people even
*farther* to the right) is a scary thing; I'd hope you had some sympathy for
people facing the violence of a heckler's veto.

I guess I wanna know what you want me or
others to take from your posts, Old Strega.
Are you worried about the Constitution?
Survey says no: you are still complaining about Obama after the Supreme Court
refused to overturn the will of the people using evidence that was only going to
confirm that Obama was a citizen anyway.
Are you really worried about corruption?
Survey says no: I don't seem to recall Enron, Bush's DOJ scandal, concerns about
Halliburton or Blackwater ever bothering you this much--which matters at the
very least because there was more than enough "guilt by association" in all
those cases to satisfy your current thirst for it.
Are you just raining on our parade while some
Americans want to retake, rebuild, and reinvigorate their country?  Maybe
even by reclaiming any of the moral authority it supposedly had?  Is it a
bad thing for us to want something better for our nation?  And to have
trusted Obama to get us to something better when most all politicians seemed
corrupt or evil?

If Obama succeeds will you blame him just as
much as you will rain down on him if he fails and our peoples do not
prosper?

I've read about you in history books, Old
Strega.  "Sic semper tyrannis," you once yelled.  Another time you had
a list "of 205... names made known to the Secretary of State as being members of
the Communist Party."  More recently I've heard you say "deficits don't
matter," finding WMDs in Iraq was a "slam dunk," and more generally that people
who "don't love America should leave it."  You've always been there to save
us from the good civil servants who might have done us well, just in case your
one-in-a-million conspiracy theory was right that they would not have worked
out.

Here's a challenge--I expect it will be
*really* tough.  Can you tell me (or us) something *good* we should do for
our country that is at once free of blame for others, free of any hint that
other human beings are corrupt, but still significant enough that one would not
be able to say of such a deed that it was "guilty by association" with such and
such weak link so that it clearly represents a threat to or a corruption
of America?  Please don't give me a sarcastic answer--I really want to
know what you think our best course is right now (aside from killing all the
lawyers).

Nicholas A. Thomas, PhD Rhetoric(formerly
a Policy Assistant Coach at CSU, Long Beach)Department of Communication Arts
& SciencesPennsylvania State Universitynat129 at psu.edu