[eDebate] Baltimore College Debate Coop-Online edition & how you can help

Andy Ellis andy.edebate
Tue Feb 5 17:16:52 CST 2008

Hello,

This year at the Baltimore College Debate Cooperative we will be working to
create a variety of online tools that foster cooperative learning,
collaborative argument construction and topic learning. The goal is to
provide an easy to use web interface that debaters at new and emerging
programs can use to develop basic argument and learning starter sets. This
means that many of you who cannot come to Baltimore for the summer can still
be part of the cooperative experience. We encourage folks to work with us to
build debate here in baltimore in the following ways.

1) Work on a "backfile argument" that you think would be good in a starter
set.
2) Develop a lesson plan or learning resource that would be useful to new
debaters and those making the transition to college.
3) Sign up as a guest blogger. Guest bloggers will have an assigned time
where they can engage discussions with coop participants, guide research and
argument construction, and whatever else you think is the best use of the
format.
4) Sign Up to be an online facilitator, argument reviewer, researcher, etc.
These opportunities are people who are willing to take on some of the work
of a lab leader but cannot be in baltimore for the two weeks.
5) Guest lectures/lesson plans record something, put it up on you tube and
we will make it available.
6) Other ideas...contact me and let me know.

This is an opportunity for you to contribute to the shape of an emerging
college debate community here in Baltimore, the files, arguments, learning
materials, and coaching advice you provide will become  the foundation for a
season worth of debate for new and emerging programs working with Baltimore
College Debate. If you are interested in contributing please contact me at
andy at baltimorecollegedebate.org.