[eDebate] Important notes about CEDA Awards

Darren Elliott delliott
Wed Feb 13 14:18:45 CST 2008

The deadline for Awards Nominations for CEDA Nationals is March 4th.  Go to cedadebate.org and you will find a National Tournament link on the lower left of the page.  The National Tournament website has links for all of the CEDA Awards.  Submit them electronically.

Some important things to note:

1.  The Constitution was amended in January to reflect a change regarding the Academic All-American Award.  Students need to meet a certain GPA requirement (I will have Jarman post the language).  There are no longer a limit on the number of Academic All Americans as long as the requirements are met.

2.  To verify GPA I am asking that you send a copy of the student's transcript.  You can either send it as an attachment or upload it electronically.  We must have these transcripts from your College or University to ensure the GPA is accurate.  You may have to get a release from your student to provide this information.

3.  There is also now a requirement regarding wins and losses in the Open division in order to be eligible.  Again I will have Jarman post this language.  I am making an executive decision as Chair of the Awards committee and will suggest that as with the NDT bid process, your win loss record at an NDT District tournament cannot hurt your overall win loss record but can help that record in regards to this award.

4.  All tournaments whose results have been posted prior to the date you submit your application will count towards the overall win loss record.

If you have any questions, please email me.

chief

Darren Elliott
Director of Debate and Forensics--KCKCC
CEDA 1st VP