[eDebate] Teaching Assistantship Opportunities at CSU Chico

Sue Peterson bk2nocal
Fri Feb 15 13:01:03 CST 2008

Hello all!

As we approach the end of February and graduating seniors are making
decisions about their future, I wanted to remind everyone that CSU Chico
offers paid forensics Teaching Assistantships for graduate students in
Communication Arts and Sciences.  Chico's forensics team does all AFA-NIET
events and policy debate.  We have a history of success in both IEs and
policy debate.  We travel a primarily regional tournament schedule with at
least one or two national tournaments each semester.  Chico has a very young
team with enthusiastic members who are extremely coachable.  This is a
program where you can influence the competitors and really have a positive
effect on their performances.

The Communication Arts and Sciences program at Chico is also in an exciting
stage, with a number of new faculty members and opportunities for studying
rhetoric, non-profit communication, organizational communication,
leadership, and much more.  We also offer a choice between comprehensive
exams or traditional thesis.  Former graduatesfrom the MA program have gone
on to some of the top PhD programs in the nation (ASU, UT Austin, Purdue, UC
Berkeley, U of Iowa) and top law schools in the nation.

The deadline for submitting online application materials to the graduate
school is March 1.  For more information on assistantships you can contact
our department chair, Dr. Ruth M. Guzley, Chair of Communication Arts &
Sciences, CSU-Chico, Chico, CA 95929-0502, (530) 898-5751 or email
rguzley at csuchico.edu or myself.  Complete information on the application
procedure is available at
http://www.csuchico.edu/cmas/cmst/masters/application.php.  The online
application is available via CSU Mentor at http://www.csumentor.edu/ and the
CSU does offer appliation fee waiver/deferment for those in financial need.
You can view all the relevant graduate school information at:
http://www.csuchico.edu/giis/gs/admission.html.

Please let me know if you have any questions and feel free to forward this
to qualified candidates.

Thanks,

--
Sue Peterson, Director of Speech and Debate at CSU Chico
sepeterson at csuchico.edu
530-898-4771

"Education is light; lack of it darkness."
? Russian proverb