[eDebate] [CEDA-L] Matt Grindy

Joe Patrice joepatrice
Wed Feb 13 10:27:25 CST 2008

A more formal announcement is forthcoming, but I felt a short announcement
would be appropriate at this time.  Regina Paulose, who coached Matt at
Western Washington, contacted CEDA recently and raised the idea of naming an
award in his honor.  We agreed with this sentiment.  Matt was the inaugural
recipient of the Graduate Assistant of the Year award last year in
recognition of his commitment in keeping the FSU program running while
studying for his Ph.D. and fighting cancer all at once.  It seemed only
fitting that the award he received last year be named in his honor as he
exemplified the qualities that all future recipients aspire to possess.

Joe