[eDebate] Relief for the Chief!

Darren Elliott delliott
Thu Feb 14 14:53:36 CST 2008

Kudos to Neil's lead, and I agree.

I will go one step further if it will help.  CEDA leadership needs to make a more concerted effort to recognize programs and individuals, not just among us, but among those who make hiring and budgetary decisions.  To that end, I will send letters to Admins of any school who volunteers beyond their commitment, congratulating them and their programs for positive contributions to the community.  I will even do it on fancy CEDA letter head (thanks Kathryn and the PR committee).  For some programs this may not matter.  But for many it will.  I plan to do a lot of letter writing next year as well as your President.

thanks,
chief

Darren Elliott
Director of Debate and Forensics--KCKCC
CEDA 1st VP

>>> "NEIL BERCH" <berchnorto at msn.com> 2/14/2008 1:07 PM >>>

As someone who has tabbed JV/Novice Nats, I can testify that the biggest factor is making them run smoothly is having a bank of extra rounds available to enable MPJ to work as well as possible.

This year, Darren "Chief" Elliott has volunteered to tab JV/Novice Nats at Towson.  Please help him in this task.  Judges:  volunteer an extra round.  Directors:  volunteer multiple extra rounds for your program.

Every round that is volunteered improves the preferences of everyone in the pool, including your own teams.  And it makes it more likely that leaders like Chief will volunteer for assignments like this one.

We at WVU are starting things off.  We happen to have a little extra money at the moment, so we're using some of it to hire a full extra judge and donate her judging to the tournament.  I realize that not everyone will be in a position to do this, but if you are, I urge you to do it.

--Neil Berch
West Virginia University