[eDebate] UNT and getting Online

Brian Lain blain
Sat Jan 5 14:21:41 CST 2008

Just an FYI.  We all know it can sometimes be difficult to get online at our guest campuses as they have rules and regulations which are strange to us.  UNT is no exception.  We have one of the most technologically advanced campuses in the country here in Denton, and UNT's Computer Support Services is very interested in protecting that technology, including online access.

We have managed to obtain individual temporary logins for every competitor and coach at the tournament.  Each school will be given a list of access usernames and passwords at  registration on Monday evening.  Please keep this information secure.  Each school is responsible for their own user codes.  The Director of the Computer Support Services has requested that we not transmit this information to you electronically, but rather provide it on paper when you arrive in Denton.

We are excited about this change and feel that it will ensure that everyone has guaranteed access to the UNT online system (Eaglenet).  The network has multiple overlapping nodes in every building and is quite fast.  We hope it will make everyone's stay that much better.

-Brian

Assistant Professor of Communication
Director of Debate
University of North Texas