[eDebate] Inside Higher Education, the Great Debaters and more...

Timothy O'Donnell todonnel
Mon Jan 7 10:08:33 CST 2008

Hi all,

Here is a link to an article linking the Great Debaters to high ed and
intercollegiate debate:

http://insidehighered.com/views/2008/01/07/odonnell

I've penned two other opinion pieces on the subject which might also
interest you:

Christmas premiere: May life follow art
http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2007/122007/12222007/343063

Sunday Forum: Pittsburgh?s Debaters
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07364/845125-109.stm

I would encourage others to use these as models for stimulating
discussion of debate in your regional and local communities.  I've been
amazed at the response to the PPG piece.  We'll never have a better
opportunity to promote debate!

Best,

Tim

Timothy M. O'Donnell
Director of Debate and Associate Professor of Speech
University of Mary Washington
316 Combs Hall
1301 College Ave.
Fredericksburg, VA 22401