[eDebate] Augustana Tournament Updates

Katherine Lavelle lenehan20
Mon Jan 7 12:55:42 CST 2008

Hello everyone,I hope that you all had (or are having) a nice holiday break. There are a few questions that have come up that I would like to share with the community. 1. I'm starting to get some questions about our tournament numbers. I appreciate all of the teams who have already entered on DebaterResults, that really helps us in terms of classroom space and food. I know that sometimes schools are hesitant to enter before they have all of their numbers finalized, but if your team is planning on traveling to our tournament, it would be great if you could email me with an estimation of how many teams and the judging you plan on bringing. I'm going to be at Miami of Ohio this weekend, so feel free to talk to me there as well.2. I've had one school request for hired judging, but no others. It would be great for me to know how much hired judging I need to find. The debate epicenter of the US has not shifted to the Quad Cities despite our new directing team, so if you need hired judging, please let me know ASAP, so I can help you make arrangements. We are looking forward to hosting you on campus at the beginning of February. Please let me know if you have any questions, my school contact information is below.All the best,ktDr. Katherine Lavelle
Director of Debate/Visiting Assistant Professor of Speech CommunicationOld Main 19/Debate UnionAugustana College639 38th StreetRock Island, IL 61201-2296309-794-7717
KatherineLavelle at Augustana.edu Now do your best. Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid. Goethe said that. It's not too late for you to become a person of substance. Elaine Miller, Almost Famous (Cameron Crowe, 2000)
http://www.windowslive.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_powerofwindows_012008