[eDebate] Navy early announcements--prefs, parking/access, and schedule included

Danielle Verney daisy_verney
Wed Jan 16 14:24:43 CST 2008

A few announcements for the Navy Tournament (Phillip Warken Memorial):

1.                  We will close entry on the Bruschke site at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Tuesday, January 22nd.  Please have all your entries and judging in by that time.  If you have any changes after that time please email both verney at usna.edu and tomogorman at gmail.com

2.                  We will be using mutually preferred judging in ALL divisions (6 categories, no strikes, rotating which division we pair first).  We will activate prefs on the Bruschke site sometime in the evening of the 22nd; and they will remain open until 11:30 p.m. on the 24th.  If you get prefs to us after that time, they will go into effect for Round 3.  If you have any problems with or questions about the prefs please email tomogorman at gmail.com

3.                  We would always like to have more surplus rounds.  If you are willing to judge past your commitment, we would pay $20/round. We are also willing to hire judges in the area, so please contact me if you're interested.

4.                  EVERY PERSON COMING ONTO THE ACADEMY WILL NEED TO HAVE WITH THEM A GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID. Acceptable forms of identification include: drivers licenses or other state-issued ID cards, military IDs, and passports.

5.                  If you have not done so already we will need vehicle information for each vehicle traveling on the Yard. If you or your institution own your vehicle, we will need the following:
Name of Driver
Drivers License Number and State
State Vehicle is Licensed in
License Plate Number
Vehicle Model, Year, and Color
If you are renting the vehicle we will only need:
Name of Driver Drivers License Number and State
But you will need to have the rental agreement with you in the vehicle for the
gate guards to inspect.
PLEASE HAVE THIS INFORMATION TO ME (at verney at usna.edu) NO
LATER THAN 5 PM JANUARY 17 (TOMORROW)!

6.                  Tournament Schedule:

Thursday, January 24:
9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., early registration at the Doubletree

Friday, January 25:
1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., registration at the Academy
3:30 p.m., parings released for Round I and Round II
4:00 p.m., Round I
6:15 p.m., Round II

Saturday, January 26:
7 a.m., parings release for Round III and Round IV at the Doubletree and the Academy
8 a.m., Round III
10:30 a.m., Round IV
12:30 pm, Lunch
2 pm, Round V
5 pm, Round VI
7 pm, awards and reception in Mahan Hall

Sunday, January 27:

7 am, pairings released at the Doubletree and the Academy
8 am, first elimination round begins

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Danielle Verney O?Gorman
Navy Debate
http://www.windowslive.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_powerofwindows_012008