[eDebate] Augustana Tournament Updates - January 16

Katherine Lavelle lenehan20
Wed Jan 16 18:29:17 CST 2008

We are preparing for the Augustana tournament and look forward to having so many of you on campus in a few weeks. A couple of questions have come to my attention that I would like to address:

1. If you are paying by check (the preferred method), please make checks payable to AUGUSTANA COLLEGE. The way that our budget is managed, the school likes a lot of oversight of our money, I had an informative conversation this afternoon that led me to believe that we are expected to have as few cash transactions as possible. If you are paying in cash, I certainly understand that everyone's budget works differently, that will be fine as well.

2. If you have already registered, we appreciate your work. Right now, it looks like we have 5 vegetarians and no vegans. If you don't eat meat or animal products and you have not done so already, please let us know. Everyone is paying entry fees, we want to make sure that you get your money's worth in food. Our lunch orders will be taken at the tournament, but for snacks and breakfast, we want an accurate count. We also would like an accurate count of the people at the tournament, if you are bringing people besides those competing and judging, knowing those numbers would also be helpful for buying snacks and beverages.

3. Josh Gonzalez will be running tab, which will be great, Josh is very experienced with running tab. As always, we would like to preserve the integrity of the novice division, but we will be making every effort to provide some JV only rounds as well.

4. The registration deadline is Tuesday - January 26 @ 5pm.

5. If you need hired judging, again, let me know by Friday. I've talked to some people who think they might need hiring, but I need specific numbers if you haven't given them to me. We have been very fortunate to  construct a qualified hired pool, but almost all of that is already committed. If you have already registered on debateresults, your hired judging has been taken care of.

As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

kll

Dr. Katherine Lavelle
Director of Debate/Visiting Assistant Professor of Speech Communication
Old Main 19/Debate Union
Augustana College
639 38th Street
Rock Island, IL 61201-2296