[eDebate] REG REMINDERS! CEDA "Tourism" Weekend - Feb. 1-3

V I Keenan vikeenan
Mon Jan 28 10:40:01 CST 2008

February 1st - 3rd isn't just Super Bowl Weekend.  It isn't just Mardi Gras
celebrations.  It's your chance to participate in one of THREE exciting
tournaments with three divisions of debate.

Go ahead - pick your exotic destination (yes, Illinois can be exotic).  Just
don't forget to register!  Deadlines are coming up!

MIAMI (2/1-3/08) - Registration closes, TODAY, MONDAY, Jan. 28th!
  ** Awesome weather, great hospitality, impressive national draw from along
I-95 and the Gulf Coast **

AUGUSTANA (2/1-3/08) - Registration closes, tomorrow, TUESDAY, Jan. 29th!
  ** Awesome people, impressive Open numbers, there's a whole other "Miami"
involved **

GOTHAM DEBATES @ BARUCH (2/2-3/08) - Reg closes Wed, Jan. 30th!
  ** "because everyone's your friend in New York City" - Seriously, forget
what you've heard about New Yorkers.  We're so friendly we offer a whole
other style of debate, we have an APDA team from another college running
ballots with us, and the insane director keeps encouraging you to go to
other tournaments on the same weekend.  We take "debate community"
seriously.**

Really, there are very few reasonable explanations to not attend a
tournament this weekend (ie: travel costs from West Coast, West Coast
already has nice weather, West Coast jet lag will be painful, my city/state
is one big parade for 5 days  . . .no, wait, they're traveling).  Do not
even TRY to claim the Super Bowl - every squad in NY State and 2/3 of New
England will be represented somewhere as well.

So get on debateresults and register - make the catering portion of
tournament direction that much easier for us.

-VIK
(unofficial CEDA tourism coordinator 2008, aforementioned "insane director")

--
Vik Keenan
Director - Baruch Debate, CUNY