[eDebate] Congrats to Cathedral Prep & St. Mark's, Hire Brian Manual

Stefan Bauschard SBauschard
Mon Jan 28 14:22:10 CST 2008

I want to take a minute to congratulate two of my former employers and colleagues ? Cathedral Prep (Fr. Hahn and Brian Manual) and St. Mark?s (Tim Mahoney and Jason Peterson) for a fine showing at Emory.  Cathedral Prep defeated St. Mark?s in the final round.

I also want to strongly encourage people to hire Brian Manual for their summer debate workshop.   Brian and I are working together at Kentucky (June 20th-July 6th), but I know he is still looking for a second session job.

He has coached his team to victory at Emory, to the finals of Wake & Michigan, to the semis-finals of Bronx, Georgetown Day, and Kentucky, and to third place that the Pace RR.  His teams also reached the doubles
of St. Mark?s and the Glenbrooks.  He helped coach Lakeland to the finals of Lexington.  This year he received the ?Michael Bacon Coach of the Year? award from Lexington.

During the past few years when he was not coaching his team, he has helped me out with my own.    Brian is not only incredibly hard-working (he gives Scott Harris a run for his money in terms of at-tournament sleep deprivation), but he is really amazing at helping debaters understand arguments, develop positions, and to think through debates.
Your camp will be better and your campers will learn more if you hire Brian.

His email is clariondebate AT gmail dot com

Stefan