[eDebate] GOTHAM DEBATES: REQUESTS/INFO (#1)

V I Keenan vikeenan
Mon Jan 28 22:02:42 CST 2008

Hey Folks -

A few requests/announcements to those of you coming this weekend:

1. Registration closes Wednesday - I need the complete list of teams and
judges to give to security, so the sooner the better (no penalty for drops
later because we know how hard it can be this time of year with classes
starting). BP - don't forget to email me you entries.

2. Because our building is actually harder to get into than Thayer Hall (see
parking), you also need to email me the names of any visitors or alums
coming by.  We'll have limited spare passes and grumpy security guards. (It
would help of your students had their school ids as well, although a uniform
probably works).

3. Don't forget food requirements/round off requests on your entries. (and
remember, you can't ALL have round 5 off).

4. PARKING is set for E. 25th St, right outside the tournament.  I'll have
more details on the procedures later this week, but it would be VERY helpful
if you email me by Wednesday with:
a.) maximum number and type of vehicle you are bringing (ie, 2 15-passenger
vans, 1 mini-van),
b.) the names of the drivers of each vehicle, and
c.) the license plates of any vehicles your "school" owns (Towson, West
Point, etc.).  If you don't have the license plate numbers until after
Wednesday, we'll write them up on Saturday morning.

*If you're staying in Manhattan somehow, and will have a vehicle, we can
arrange for you to drop your tubs off in the building on Friday night and
park on 25th so you don't have to drive through Manhattan.  Obviously, not a
cost effective idea if staying in New Jersey.

You should also email me if you are NOT parking vehicles, so that I don't
frantically email you on Wednesday (someone in the Coalition is going to try
to be funny and email me, I just know it).

That's it for now.

-VIK

--
Vik Keenan