[eDebate] Gotham Debates - The Tech Updates

NEIL BERCH berchnorto
Thu Jan 31 14:08:53 CST 2008

Two things about strikes:
1.  It is imperative that any Worlds judges who are willing to judge policy
find their way on to the strike sheet.  Please let Vik know about your
willingness to cross over to the dark side (treat for new novices:  Llano in
the pool!).
2.  We will attempt to be very generous with strikes (waiting until Saturday
morning to make a final determination).  If at some point we are unable to
assign judges due to strikes, my recommendation to Vik will be to first
remove strikes for all teams with 4 or more losses.  If that doesn't work, I
would proceed to remove strikes for the teams represented in the tab room.
Only as a last resort (and I don't anticipate this happening at all) would
we remove all strikes.  Let me also note that strikes beyond the first two
outrounds are of course dependent upon who is actually left at the
tournament.  I know I will not support keeping an eliminated school at the
tournament in early February just so that remaining teams can have their
strikes.--Neil