[eDebate] Master's Thesis Complete

Peters Tammie L. tpeters
Mon Jul 7 15:49:34 CDT 2008

I would like to thank those of you who have sent me suggestions regarding my thesis.  It is now complete.  After comparing Honors English students with forensics experiencee to Honors English students with no forensics experience (done to eliminate the self-selection pardox), I found that 1) forensics students scored significantly higher on state writing tests, 2) forensics students scored significantly higher on the reading portion of the ACT, and 3) debate competitors and non-debate competitors both demonstrated these gains -- there was no significant difference between the two groups.

I invite everyone who is interested to read my study for themselves.  It is posted on my website at http://sc.jeffco.k12.co.us/education/components/docmgr/default.php?sectiondetailid=191727&fileitem=84814&catfilter=20661  I will be submitting it to *Communication Teacher.*  I will also submit a shorter version to the NFL's Rostrum.

Thanks again for your help and support.

Tammie Peters
Golden, Colorado